Thematic evenings near Giverny
A unique and original offering in an exceptional setting for your groups or evening events.
Roman Banquet, Medieval Banquet or Renaissance Banquet: The Meal is prepared by our Chef with original recipes from the period of the chosen theme.
The activities organised during the meal are provided by the establishment's host, Olivier Bicot, who recounts the dining habits and customs of the chosen period and the History of Les Andelys.
From 30 people.
Friday Culture at La Chaîne d’Or
For the past six years, in the low season, La Chaîne d’Or has offered thematic evenings that present the history, literature, music and local gastronomy. Good quality thematic evenings are organised with interesting contributors recognised for their expertise. These evenings are available once a month on Fridays from November to April.
Our most loyal contributors include:
- Michel de Decker, a famous historian and author who cleverly brings back to life the illustrious characters from the History of France,
- Maître Jacqueline Cousin, the auctioneer of Les Andelys who enlightens us about Art History with all her expertise,
- Soyons à la Page, enthusiastic storytellers who recount French literature with their gift for presenting the texts and songs of our most illustrious authors and poets.
- And also musicians, magicians, Venetian festival-goers, artists who are dedicated to sharing their art and their passion.
This season, La Chaîne d’Or has great pleasure in presenting its programme:Programme of thematic evenings 2016/2017 Season
Friday Culture at La Chaîne d’Or 2016-2017 season
Historic Dinners with Michel de Decker
Historic meal with the famous author - €50.00
- Friday 2 December 2016 - Dining at Emperor Napoleon's Table
- Friday 28 April 2017 - Dining at Henri IV's Table, the loves of Vert Galant
Art History Evenings with Maître Jacqueline Cousin
Fireside Talks with our auctioneer, followed by a buffet dinner- €29.00
- Friday 25 November 2016 - William Turner and French Impressionism
- Friday 20 January 2017 - The Dutch School (Rembrandt, Vermeer, etc.)
The Rhymes of "Soyons à la Page"
Poetry Evening followed by dinner - €25
- Friday 7 April 2017 - Tribute to Andrée Chedid
- Friday 1 December 2017 - Jean de la Fontaine
Archaeologists of Taste
Historic Banquet recounting habits and customs at the dining table - €35
- Friday 17 March 2017 - Ancient Roman Banquet
Venetian Banquet with exceptional costume parade and Venetian Meal - €39
- Friday 31 March 2017